Sunday, March 30, 2014

Week 10 Outside of Class

This weekend I got in contact with TreeTops Rescue and they answered my questions. They said that the main goal of their website is to get people to adopt their rescues. They do take in animals other than cats and dogs. They currently have a couple of goats and alpacas up for adoption. They have about 25-30 volunteers, but it fluctuates. Their target audience is people or families that have a stable income and are able to provide a good and loving home for these animals. Their main clients are families that have around an average income.

I also created my visual inventory.
















I also created my development plan.
  • the logo is in a place that you would never know that its the logo 
    • I want to redo the logo and make sure to place it in the top left corner
  • the navigation on the left side of the site contains way too many links
    • I want to organize these links into 5 or 6 main navigation links
  • the whole website is in Comic Sans 
    • I will find better typefaces to give the website a more professional look
  • there is no main focus on the home page
    • I want to have the main focus be on their animals that need to be adopted - possibly have a big photo on the home page showing what animals need adopted
  • there are too many things competing for your attention on the home page
    • I want to create a sense of hierarchy within the page so that it is obvious which object you should look at first


No comments:

Post a Comment