Today we went to Synapse, Godfrey, and Infantree.
I thought Synapse was interesting but I did not really enjoy the way Bobby talked. I felt that everything for him came back to money. He kept referencing how much all the computers are worth and how they have the biggest and fastest internet around. The way he talked kind of scared me more than reassured me about finding a job. He said that if you don't know HTML that you pretty much aren't going to get anywhere. I think that the work that they were showing us was absolutely amazing but it didn't feel like a place I would be interested in working.
I enjoyed Godfrey better. Melissa was so laid back and was really nice. I loved that she talked to us about Erin's resume and told us what she was looking for in a resume. That really helped me get an idea of how to put my resume together. I also really enjoyed that Erin talked to us because she was in our position only a couple years ago so she knew what we are feeling. I liked how she said that we shouldn't be afraid to ask questions and to learn new things.
Infantree was definitely my favorite. Both Ryans were so down to earth and laid back. Everyone there felt like a family. I LOVED when Ryan said he looks back on his college portfolio and laughs. It makes me feel so much better that even though my college work might not be the best, that I can still get a good job and improve. I also really liked their process of bringing the client in and having them be a part of the mood board process. It's a really smart thing to do because you get to hear what they like and don't like and why. I could really see myself working for someone like them. I like having a team of people that really care for each other and are willing to group together and help each other out on anything.
No comments:
Post a Comment